Canterbury is looking for a 5th grade teacher who can lead a class of up to 16 students.
About: Canterbury Christian School (Pre-K-5th) is a classical micro-school serving grammar stage students in California’s Silicon Valley. Canterbury is the parish school of Saint Paul’s Anglican Church in Los Altos and also a member of the Anglican School Association. The school’s student population ranges from 50 to 90 students from various church backgrounds. Each day begins with Morning Prayer in the school chapel. Our school uses curriculum from Abeka, Memoria Press, and various other classical school publishers.
Canterbury is a structured Christian environment for developing spiritual foundations and academic excellence. Our teachers create a warm, engaging, and creative classroom that promotes a curriculum for both the heart and mind.
Teacher Job Description:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching Credential/Certificate preferred
- Understanding of and agreement with the mission, philosophy and pedagogy of Classical Christian Education
- Two years of teaching experience are strongly preferred, with exceptions granted for outstanding candidates with demonstrated teaching gifts and call.
- Ability to teach well, as demonstrated by references and classroom management.
- Credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Godly character (pastoral reference required)
- Teachable and committed to grow, learn, and develop new understanding and skills
- Maturity and emotional stability
- Heart for elementary-school aged children and ability to interact and lead young hearts
Canterbury’s academic year runs from September through the first week of June. First year salary ranges from $35,000 to $45,000 – depending on experience and credentials. Compensation also includes a nonelective contribution toward retirement and reduced tuition for a teacher’s own children. Additional opportunities are available tutoring and leading after school programs.
Submit a resume and cover letter to Father Macias (firstname.lastname@example.org)